Tuesday 10 May 2016

Time for Teal - Pattern Test - Coffee Pot

How is it that days can slip by and my sewing machine is not touched! It feels alien to me not to be sewing but with summer here for a couple of days, and my children needing more attention, I've been too exhausted to pack everything away and get my machine out in the evenings. Hopefully I will be able to muster the energy soon because my to make list is growing, and my mind is bursting at the seams with projects that need to be made! 

A couple of months ago I got an email from one of my first friends in the online quilting community Esther (who is a very talented lady when it comes to designing foundation paper pieced patterns) asking if I would be able to help in testing some blocks. These were not just any blocks though, these were blocks designed with a worthwhile cause for her dear friend Kate who has taken on the challenge of making a quilt a year for Ovarian Cancer Australia, you can read about this all came about here on Kate's blog. 

I loved the Coffee Pot block and dug through my scrap drawers to find the perfect fabrics. This is what my finished block looks like.



It comes together really well and is a pleasure to piece. If you would like to try your hand at one of Esther's patterns pop along to her Craftsy pattern store and take a look at the choice on offer.  There are a couple of free projects from the Time for Teal set along with several others to get your started.

If you would like to take part in Time for Teal please check out Kate's blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment